Forbes Books | Master Book Planner | Ghostwriter
Help authors create comprehensive book plans to serve as a blueprint for their business book. Work with subject matter experts to ghostwrite their books and position them as leading authorities in their fields
Center for Creative Leadership
Dual editorial and faculty role. Wrote articles, white papers, and books addressing a wide range of business and leadership topics. Served as review editor and ghostwriter for other CCL researchers and faculty members. Delivered leadership training programs for leaders and managers in organizations around the world. A sampling of clients includes Roche, EY, TripAdvisor, Microsoft, Biogen, Lockheed Martin, Duke Energy, Bank of Bermuda, Genentech, Sonoco, Commonwealth Government of Australia, and others.
Global Portfolio Manager
Managed CCL’s $4MM worldwide psychological assessment business. Researched and developed new assessments. Delivered certification workshops. Wrote research reports and technical documents to support client users. Managed CCL’s global network of distributors and certified feedback coaches.
Wake Forest University | Visiting Professor of humanities
Developed and taught undergraduate leadership courses and freshman seminar that focused on writing, developing an argument, and public speaking. Advised seniors involved in leadership practicums. (One year appointment while on sabbatical from CCL.)
Additional Work Experience
Prior to joining CCL held positions in student affairs at the University of Virginia and the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. Started professional career in laboratory positions at National Starch and Chemical Company and Glidden Corporation.
M.Ed. | University of Vermont | Burlington, Vermont
Higher Education Administration
B.A. | MacMurray College | Jacksonville, Illinois
Certificate | Proyecto Linguistico | Antigua, Guatemala
Spanish Immersion Program
- Leveraging the Impact of 360-Degree Feedback, Second Edition. (Berrett-Koehler, 2020) Coauthor
- The Toxic Boss Survival Guide; Tactics for Navigating the Wilderness at Work. (CCL Press, 2018) Lead author
- The ASTD Leadership Handbook (Berrett-Koehler, 2010) Chapter author
- The Talent Management Handbook (McGraw-Hill, 2010) Chapter author
- The Perils of Accentuating the Positive (Hogan Press, 2009) Chapter author
- Leveraging the Impact of 360-Degree Feedback (Pfeiffer, 2008) Coauthor
- The Handbook of Leadership Development (Jossey-Bass, 2004) Chapter author
- Keeping Your Career On Track (CCL Press, 2002) Lead author
- Harvard Business Review, What Good Feedback Really Looks Like. May, 2019
- Fast Company.com, Expert Blogger 2011-2013. Contributed 20+ business-related blog articles
- Forbes.com, Leaders Pay a Price for Acting Too Smart. May 2011
- The Wall Street Journal, When a Career Veers Off Track. June 2011
- Harvard Business Review, The Micromanager. HBR Case Study. September 2004
- Brookville, Indiana: A Postcard History, Arcadia Press. 2008
- Raleigh’s Reynolds Coliseum, Arcadia Press. 2002
- Southern Living, Southern Journal Essay. April, 1999
- Twins Magazine, Featured columnist. 1997-2001
Random Personal Information
- Was once a pilgrim in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
- Have worked in more than 30 countries.
- Father of three sons, husband of wildly successful independent consultant.
- Listed as an executive producer for a Hollywood movie for volunteering dialogue editing.
- Lived and worked for brief stints in Brussels and London.
- Former mediocre college basketball player.